Monday, November 30, 2009

Turkey Day 2009

Sorry no pictures on this post either! I took the camera with us on Thanksgiving and kept trying to take pictures and the stupid camera would not work. Well, come to find out (and a little late I might add) the battery was dead! I didn't even think of that because it would turn on, it just would not take a picture. Rich told me once the day was over. Maybe I am just blonde! :)

Anyways! We had a great day! It was just me and Haylee driving to Nicole's this year. Sadly, Rich had to work. Actually, I was not that bummed about it because he was paid double to sit around and play cards all day. He joined us around four. Dinner with the in-laws was delicious! I made my yams like always and they were a hit! I was a little bummed that there were not any home-made rolls this year. Not even Rhodes! I do understand that it is very stressful making a Thanksgiving dinner, but come on! It is so crazy how long it takes to prepare for the meal and it only takes about 10 minutes to stuff ourselves. That is exactly what we did! Haylee loved the mashed potatoes and yams. I could not feed her fast enough. After dinner, all of the kiddies napped and everyone else watched Four Christmases. That is a funny one! I totally recommend it.

I really love Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays. I feel like it kind of gets a little jipped because it seems like we go from Halloween straight to Christmas, but really it is a special holiday. It is all about family and nothing else. There are no gifts involved and no pressure for any. It is a relaxing day to just be with loved ones. I am so grateful for my family. Family is all we have. It is the most valuable thing ever. I would be lost with out them! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to list some things I am most grateful for:

*My wonderful husband, Rich
*My precious angel, Haylee
*Family
*The Gospel
*Good Health
*Our Home
*Employment
*Health Insurance

1 comment:

Steven and Blythe said...

I'm sorry about the camera battery thing. I did the same thing one time and I am not even blonde! Maybe my blonde highlights sunk into my head. ha ha!