Friday, May 29, 2009

Shots and Tears

Poor Haylee had her two month shots and checkup today on her two month birthday. I felt so bad for her! She was already crying because she was hungry (big surprise) and then when the first poke came, the screaming started! She couldn't catch her breath at first and her whole head turned bright red and then she screamed and the tears started rolling. I fed her after that and she slept the rest of the day! She woke up to eat and that was about it. Man! Getting shots and doctor visits are exhausting!
Check out my cool hot pink band aids! She got a total of 5 vaccines and 3 pokes.
Haylee is growing and developing right on track. She now weighs 9 pounds, 14 ounces and is 21 3/4 long. She can now see across the room, about 8-10 feet away, and some color. I forgot what percentile she is for her height and weight, but she is around average. I can not believe my baby is already two months. She has changed and grown so much. It is very exciting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe I got to hold the sweetie that day too:)

Michelle said...

poor baby. I still hate when thy have to get shots. And that holding their breath thing is horrible! Im glad its over, and you have 2 months to recover til the next round!

schaars said...

she is such a cute little stinker! Shots are the worst I can only imagine how loud she was when she got her shots that kid has some serious lungs on her!!!